Your lips are one of the highlights of your face, so when you feel unhappy about their appearance, it can actually make you feel less confident. If your lips are too thin or have visible laugh lines, creases and wrinkles and could use some cosmetic enhancements, then this is the perfect time of year to consider lip augmentation.
The holidays are right around the corner! Lip augmentations only take a few hours of your time, and can give you those plush, kissable lips you have been craving your whole life. Not everyone has the supermodel gene, so for those who want to slightly alter or enhance their appearance, getting lip augmentation is a simple way to do it.
How Is Lip Augmentation Performed?
At Southwest Plastic Surgery of El Paso, TX, a lip augmentation can be done a number of different ways. The choice largely depends upon the outcome you desire. This is something you can talk about with our premier plastic surgeon, Dr. Frank Agullo.
There are several methods Dr. Agullo uses to do the lip procedure:
• Juvederm: Lip fillers such as Juvederm can be infected into your lips and around your lips to increase the volume and shape of your lips. However, this is a less permanent solution, so if you just want to try it before going through with a more permanent lip augmentation, this might be ideal. The results typically last for six to eight months, whereupon you can come back for another injection if you want to maintain the look of your lips.
• Fat: Another way people are plumping up their lips is through fat transfers, which is a procedure that uses fat from your own body and repositions it to another. This is good for people who are susceptible to allergic reactions, since it uses the patient’s own fat and blood.
• Permalip or Silimed Silicone Implants: This is a great solution for patients who want to replace a nonpermanent lip procedure. The results yield a soft, natural look after healing and can be done under local anesthesia. In fact, Permalip can be done right in the office in about 20 minutes. Patients have a choice of sizes and widths, which they can choose using a live preview on our Vectra 3D Imaging machine. This gives you an accurate view of what your lip augmentation will look like after it is finished.
If you are curious about lip augmentations or other cosmetic enhancements, now is the time to contact Southwest Plastic Surgery in El Paso, TX at (915) 590-7900. Get complete answers to your questions or take a look at “before” and “after” pictures of your lips, even before going through with the procedure. A remarkable 3D Vectra Imaging tool will show you exactly how lush and kissable your lips can be!
Since the lips are one of the most noticeable features on the face, it’s no surprise that women of all ages desire to make them look plump. However, whether it be genetics or the effects of natural aging, some women are unable to achieve the lips that they feel are attractive. While you may not have lips that rival Angelina Jolie’s, there are simple ways to enhance them and make them look fuller and more supple.
Avoid Dark Colors
Dark shades of lipstick actually make your lips appear smaller. Instead, wear lighter colors that reflect light to project bigger lips.
Wear Lip Gloss
Many of the lip glosses that exist today contain volume-boosting ingredients such as peptides and amino acids that produce inflammatory reactions on the lips, causing them to literally swell. Although this effect is only temporary, it can be just what you need for a variety of occasions.
Today, there are very safe and easy lip augmentation
techniques available to enhance the shape and fullness of your lips, including dermal fillers and autologous fat injections.
For a more lasting effect, cosmetic treatment with fillers can be administered. Approved by the FDA, fillers like JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® that contain hyaluronic acid (HA) provide immediate fullness to the lips that can last for many months.
By harvesting and purifying your own fat cells, fat tissue can be injected into your lips to provide long-lasting plumpness.
Unlike other lip procedures that involve inserting silicone implants that can take a week or more to recover from, lip augmentation using fillers or fat injections offer the following advantages:
- Less bruising and swelling
- Gradual treatment until you achieve the desired fullness
- More control over the amount of volume added to the lips
At Southwest Plastic Surgery
, we offer a variety of injectables including JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and autologous fat transfers.
To schedule a consultation at our El Paso practice, please call (915) 590-7900 or feel free to fill out our online contact form today. Our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Frank Agullo, and his well-trained staff look forward to seeing you soon!
The lips are one of the most revealing aspects of the face and often project the first signs of emotion. For anyone who desires to maintain a youthful appearance, keeping the lips plump and smooth are musts. However, the lips begin to lose fullness as people age, eventually becoming thin and withered, which can make the rest of the face appear older and have a negative impact on a person’s self-confidence.
To restore volume and diminish the appearance of wrinkles around the lips, men and women of all ages frequently undergo lip augmentation.
Lip augmentation with filler or fat injections can provide long-lasting improvements by:
- Restoring volume to the lips
- Diminishing fine lines on the lips
- Softening wrinkles around the mouth
At his El Paso practice, Dr. Frank Agullo regularly performs lip augmentation
using a variety of injection methods.
Types of Treatment
Injectable fillers used for lip augmentation are made of substances similar to those that naturally occur in the body. The most popular dermal fillers that are used for lip augmentation are JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® because they are FDA approved and easily absorb into the soft tissues. Although the results of fillers are not permanent, they typically provide satisfying results that last between six to eight months.
Fat injections utilize the patient’s own fat tissue in order to provide permanent results. After fat is taken from an area of the body where it is abundant (abdomen, back, thighs), it is purified and injected directly into the lips.
Risks and Complications
The side effects of lip augmentation with injections are very minor in comparison to other forms of invasive lip augmentation. The lips may feel tender and appear slightly swollen or bruised directly after treatment, but these symptoms will subside over the following few days.
To restore a luscious look to your lips, contact Southwest Plastic Surgery today. Call (915) 590-7900 or simply fill out our online contact form to get started. Dr. Agullo is dedicated to helping you achieve long-lasting results you can feel confident about!