Improve your body’s shape and contour
Get the body you always dreamed of with body lift plastic surgery! Do you wish you could transform your body and fit into smaller clothes sizes? Are you tired of feeling frumpy and saggy in noticeable areas of your body, but you don’t have hours to spend at the gym?
The El Paso body lift through plastic surgery is the fastest way to achieve the body you want in just a few short weeks. Dr. Frank Agullo is a double board certified plastic surgeon and general surgeon with the experience to provide dedicated and progressive methods of reshaping, sculpting and transforming people throughout Western Texas, New Mexico and beyond.
What is a lower body lift designed to do?
A body lift plastic surgery is intended to provide total lower body contouring that will help to improve the shape and contour of your abdomens, waist, hips, lateral thighs and buttocks, which are all areas that store the most fat. Both men and women can benefit by getting a body lift procedure. Dr. Frank Agullo’s team is also skilled at doing routine autologous buttock augmentations; using the patient’s own tissue to perform amazing body transformations.
Also known as a belt lipectomy or lower body lift, the body lift procedure gives patients the most dramatic results of the mid-to-lower body. You will be a good candidate for this procedure if you can firmly grasp the skin of your waistline, hips, buttocks or thighs between your thumb and all four fingers and lift the fatty tissue. Lift it up and you will see what it would look like to have these areas tightened, shaped and shaved away to reveal a slimmer figure. Women who have gained weight as a result of pregnancy or even men who have put on a few extra love handles over the past few years can be perfect candidates for a body lift transformation. The body lift can also be performed on people who have lost a lot of weight, although there may be other more specific body contouring solutions that can be discussed and evaluated with the surgeon.
Lower Body lift contouring techniques
There are several components that encompass a body lift procedure. Depending on your goals, these may be performed within one surgical session or throughout multiple stages. Although liposuction is the most widely-used method for body shaping, this technique can also include procedures that will enhance the overall shape of a patient’s physique. Dr. Agullo uses modern plastic and reconstructive surgery techniques to smooth and contour those areas of the body in which excess skin or cellulite have made their way for good.
The goal of a body lift is to achieve a balanced sculpting of the human body by contouring the entire physique as a whole, rather than in isolated areas. Since every individual is made up differently, the specific procedures will be tailored for each person according to their frame, build, height, size, shape and weight. Dr. Agullo plans and customizes the techniques according to these criteria. Some people may receive a combination of liposuction, thigh lift, butt lift, fat injection and/or abdominoplasty.
Some of the combined procedures used for body lift surgery may entail:
- Tummy tuck. Abdominoplasty has become a popular cosmetic procedure that involves removal of extra fat and skin from the tummy area to create a smooth abdominal region, making clothes fit better and resulting in a smoother appearance. A tummy tuck can also help both women and men to eliminate “love handles” and other unflattering abdominal characteristics. Learn more about abdominoplasty here.
- Liposuction. Liposuction is suited for isolated fat stores with some extra skin overlaps. Liposuction has evolved in its ability to dramatically decrease unwanted fat on a patient’s waistline, abs, thighs, back and other places that traditional diet and exercise do not seem to budge. It effectively contours the body to its intended proportions with a benefit of increased self-confidence. Liposuction is an essential part of any body lift and it is used to achieve improved high definition results. Dr. Agullo combines liposuction with all body lifts and tummy tucks to give patients enhanced results. Learn more about liposuction here.
- Circumferential abdominoplasty. Also called the “Lower Body Lift”, this technique is used to tighten up the butt, thighs and lower half of the body. It helps to eliminate that “orange peel” look and smooth the loose skin for a sleek and polished appearance. Dr. Agullo will often combine buttock augmentation with your own tissue during a lower body lift to accentuate the buttock projection and contour at the same time. If a buttock augmentation procedure is not included in a lower body lift, the result is often a flattened buttock appearance due to the lift.
A lower body lift can be done in a one-day outpatient surgery, although for some individuals it may involve more than one day in the hospital. Because it encompasses multiple techniques of skin and fatty tissue removal, it can be either straightforward or complex depending on the patient’s physical makeup. Getting a consultation scheduled is the only way to determine which techniques will be required for your genetic structure, amount of skin and fatty tissue.
Prepping for Body Lift Surgery
Most people who choose to go through with a body lift cosmetic enhancement are excited about the end result, although it is essential to be mindful of the surgery aspect. Getting any type of surgery is something to take seriously by preparing for the healing process. If you smoke, you should consider quitting, but it is recommended to do so at least two weeks before and after the surgery. Smoking tobacco prolongs the healing process and can also lead to complications, such as increased chances of blood clots, strokes, delayed wound healing, and even loss of skin.
Body lift surgery prepping:
- Prepare your prescriptions ahead of time, if possible, since you won’t be able to drive for a while.
- Ask someone to help you get to and from your appointment, change dressings, etc. since you will be laid up for a few days.
- Buy some padding or use old towels on your mattress and bedding in case any of your dressings come undone in your sleep.
- Avoid shaving areas of your body right before surgery because it opens up the pores, which can cause infection.
- Stock Neosporin, gauze, and gloves for wound maintenance and cleaning.
- Take off at least two weeks from work. You should discuss your recovery time with Dr. Agullo during consultation.
- Get some reading material; this is a good time to catch up on books.
Most importantly… DO NOT eat or drink anything at after midnight the night prior to your body lift cosmetic procedure.
When you undergo a surgical body lift, the plastic surgeon will remove extra fat and skin around your abdomen, thighs, back and buttocks. There is no way to say exactly what will be done without a prior consultation, since the body lift surgery is customized to the objectives of each patient individually.
In general, you will be in the operating room for anywhere between four and six hours. A lower body lift usually begins with your waist, back, and buttocks and progresses to your abdomen. Dr. Agullo uses a combination of techniques to achieve amazing transformations of the human anatomy. Liposuction is an essential component for achieving the best possible results.
The surgery is done with general anesthesia, which will make you unaware of the surgery while it is being performed. In some patients, the procedure can be done as outpatient. Some patients may require 1-3 days of hospital stay.
All factors play a role in the success of your surgery. Age, body shape and size, skin type, and elasticity of your skin will determine whether or not you may see stretch marks or scars. Most people who go through body lift surgery are happy with their newfound shape and ability to wear clothes that were once too small or tight. Finally, you can fit into a bathing suit, tight dress or suit, and wear revealing clothing instead of hiding under baggy clothes or loose-fitting apparel that is designed to hide imperfections. Dr. Agullo designs the lower body lift scars so that you can still wear underwear, low riding jeans, and bikini type swimsuits without showing your scars.
Recovery from lower body lifts
Although Dr. Agullo recommends taking at least two weeks off from work, you will start to experience noticeable results immediately. You’ll feel more lightweight, able to move and drastically carefree from carrying around all of that extra “baggage”. It’s a fast way to shed fat and embrace a newfound you!
Depending on how many techniques will be used to fulfill your body lift procedure, you may have to spend a night at the hospital. This varies from one patient to the next and is just something to be mindful of and to ask the surgeon at your time of consultation. You are likely to encounter some pain for a couple of weeks after your surgery, but this is only a temporary inconvenience. Don’t worry; you can even take a shower by the next day after your body lift surgery.
You will also be recommended to have a walking regiment as soon as the next day after surgery, even if you feel stiffness. Keeping joints mobile will help you to avoid getting blood clots and will promote healthy blood flow and circulation.
Risks associated with lower body lifts
As you know, all surgery comes with its share of risks. You as a patient can help to prevent any complications from occurring by listening to and following the advice of your plastic surgeon. He has performed thousands of cosmetic procedures and knows what is best to do both before and after your surgery to ensure success. Choose a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and make sure the anesthesiologist is board certified as well. You will have best results for an outpatient procedure that takes place in an accredited health care facility.
Risks associated with belt lipectomy include:
- Hemorrhaging or excess bleeding
- Blood Clots
- Risks from anesthesia
- Delayed healing of wounds/scars
- The need for surgical revisions
Although most patients who choose to get a lower body lift have a simple recovery and normal healing time, there are always risks of complications that cannot be projected. You can expect to reveal the beauty of a new and improved shape after everything settles and your body restores itself to a top condition.
Cost of full body contouring
Although most plastic surgery clinics don’t readily prefer to disclose the cost of full lower body lifts due to the variable qualities between individuals, in general you can expect to pay between $16,000 – $30,000 for belt lipectomy. In addition, the hospital may charge a few thousand dollars for any overnight stays that are required. To get an estimate you will need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Agullo, as the procedure varies greatly among each individual.
Go from unbalanced to smooth with an entire body lift
His meticulous attention to detail has made Dr. Frank Agullo one of Texas Rising Stars in Cosmetic Surgery. He routinely provides total lower body contouring through innovative technologies and has published multiple articles and book chapters about his practices. You were not designed to be unbalanced or to carry the burden of extra weight due to aging or pregnancy. Become the very best you and regain your self-confidence right away with the team of qualified experts at Dr. Frank Agullo’s office.
Schedule a consultation to determine whether a full body lift is the best solution for you.