What Are the Benefits of a Breast Lift?
Am I a Candidate For a Breast Lift?
Candidates for breast lift surgery are dissatisfied by their aging, drooping breasts. Women interested in this procedure should not smoke, be in good overall health, and have realistic expectations of their results.You may be a candidate if you:
- Desire firmer, perkier breasts
- Have pendulous or swaying breasts
- Notice your breasts are sagging or drooping
- Feel dissatisfied with your downward-facing nipples
What Is Discussed During My Breast Lift Consultation?
Dr. Frank Agullo is a board-certified plastic surgeon and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery. During your consultation, Dr. Agullo will evaluate your breasts’ size and shape, the elasticity of your skin, and your nipple and areola placement to arrive at the best surgical plan. Patients will also be provided with detailed preparatory and post-op instructions.
What Does My Breast Lift Include?
Dr. Agullo usually performs breast lift surgeries using general anesthesia. The procedure takes between one and three hours to complete depending on the extent of correction required.
After the excess breast skin has been removed, the areolas are repositioned and reduced in size, if necessary.
What Can My Breast Lift Adjust?
Circumareolar, or “Donut,” Lift
- Scar only around the areola
- Reduces the areola size
- Improves areola symmetry
- Indicated for a one to four cm lift
Circumvertical, or “Lollipop,” Lift
- Scar around the areola and vertically down the lower breast
- Indicated for any lift when the distance between the areola and inframammary fold is short
Weiss, or “Anchor,” Lift
- The most common breast lift technique
- One incision is placed around the areola, a second runs vertically from the areola to the breast crease, and a third runs horizontally along the natural breast crease
How Should I Prepare for My Breast Lift?
Proper planning and preparation can help you have a quicker and smoother recovery process. Some things you should do to prepare for your surgery include:
- Line up a family member or friend to drive you home after your procedure.
- Ensure you have your paperwork and your ID.
- Don’t eat or drink after midnight the day of your scheduled procedure.
- Don’t use lotions, creams, or makeup on your skin the day of your procedure.
- Wear a loose-fitting shirt that buttons up because it may be difficult to slip one over your head after the procedure.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks prior to your surgery and for two weeks after to lower your risk of blood clots and other complications.
- Don’t take medication that will thin your blood for two weeks before your procedure.
What Are Your Concerns?
What Can I Expect During My Breast Lift Recovery?
Breast lift patients need plenty of rest after surgery. However, it is essential to walk around for a few minutes multiple times throughout the day to boost circulation and prevent blood clots. Discomfort can be alleviated with medication prescribed by Dr. Agullo.
A surgical bra will be provided to wear day and night, as underwire or padded bras must be avoided for a few months following the procedure. It is recommended that breast lift patients take at least one week off work. Heavy lifting and vigorous exercise should also be avoided for at least four to six weeks.
Is Breast Lift Painful?
Patients will feel virtually zero pain during the procedure, thanks to the comfort provided by anesthesia. During your recovery, any discomfort or irritation from swelling, redness, and inflammation can be easily managed with over-the-counter medications or pain medications prescribed by Dr. Agullo.
Will My Breast Lift Leave Scars?
Breast lift surgery does leave noticeable scars with incision techniques that involve methods like the “anchor” incision; however, with proper skin care and fading creams, these scars can significantly fade with time. Scars typically appear around the areola and down the breast in a single line that connects to a second scar hidden at the base of the breast’s crease.
When Will I See My Breast Lift Results?
The speed at which your results appear will depend on the extent of tissue excised and your body’s natural ability to heal. It typically takes breast lift results six to 12 weeks to fully develop.
What Does Breast Lift Surgery Cost in El Paso, TX?
Pricing varies depending on the extent of the treatment or surgery. You can see a list of the approximate prices of each procedure on our current fee schedule. Generally speaking, cosmetic plastic surgery is considered “elective” and is not covered by most insurance plans. The prices listed on our fee schedule represent the minimum cost of the procedures, including anesthesia and surgical facility fees, medical tests, garments, and recovery products. The cost of prescription medications, however, is not included. The exact price of each procedure can only be determined after a thorough consultation. All fees must be paid in full prior to the scheduled treatment.
Before & After
* Results may varyView More
Breast Lift FAQs
Yes. You can combine breast lift surgery with breast augmentation to increase the volume and projection of your breasts in addition to correcting ptosis. Keep in mind that a breast lift will usually decrease the breast size by ½ to 1 cup.
You may also include breast lift surgery in a Mommy Makeover, which provides comprehensive enhancement using any combination of the following procedures:
Severe complications from breast lift surgery are uncommon. However, any operation comes with potential risks, which may include:
- Abnormal reaction to anesthesia
- Hematoma or seroma
Undergoing breast lift surgery does not increase your risk of developing breast cancer. Dr. Agullo may ask you to get a baseline mammogram before your procedure if you have breast cancer in your family history. This preliminary mammogram helps Dr. Agullo detect any changes in the breast tissue during your future visits.