What Are the Benefits of a Thigh Lift?
Men and women choose thigh lift surgery to:
- Remove sagging and loose skin from the thigh
- Eliminate stubborn fat deposits in the upper legs
- Reduce chafing between the legs
- Tighten loose tissue
- Reshape their legs after massive weight loss
- Attain firmer and more slender legs
Am I a Candidate for a Thigh Lift?
Ideal candidates for thigh lift surgery:
- Are in good overall health
- Do not smoke
- Have no previous health conditions that impair healing
- Have realistic expectations for their results
Are you a candidate for a thigh lift? Call Dr. Agullo at (915) 590-7900 to set up a consultation.
What Is Discussed During My Thigh Lift Consultation?
During your thigh lift consultation, Dr. Agullo will:
- Discuss your wishes and expectations for your results
- Evaluate the skin quality of your thighs
- Take measurements and photos
- Explain how to prepare for your thigh lift
- Determine any beneficial combination procedures
What Does My Thigh Lift Involve?
Thighplasty is performed using general anesthesia for optimal patient comfort and safety. One or multiple techniques may be performed to help you reach your cosmetic goals. Depending on the desired extent of correction, this surgery can last two to three hours. Patients are required to stay in the recovery room for at least one hour for observation.
Medial Thigh Lift
- Incisions are created within the folds of the groin and extend to the lower buttocks crease.
- People who have a lot of excess skin and fatty tissue throughout the medial thigh can benefit from this technique.
- This is one of the most commonly performed thigh lift methods.
Extended Thigh Lift
- A vertical incision is placed at the groin and extends to the inner knee.
- This technique is often combined with the medial thigh lift.
- This type of thigh lift surgery is best for people with a large amount of sagging skin and fat circumferentially on the thighs.
Lateral Thigh Lift
- An incision is made from the groin around the circumference of the hip region.
- This method is appropriate for people who have a large amount of fat in the hips and outer legs.
- This is the only procedure that can improve the medial, anterior, lateral, and posterior thighs.
- A spiral lift will also improve the buttock contour by lifting and augmenting the gluteal area at the same time.
How Should I Prepare for My Thigh Lift?
It is important for all patients to prepare for their thigh lift surgery ahead of time to ensure a smooth and comfortable recovery. Dr. Agullo will give you detailed preparation and aftercare instructions, which typically include the following recommendations:
- Cease all tobacco use at least two weeks before and after your scheduled surgery
- Obtain all of your prescription medications before the day of your surgery
- Gather the necessary paperwork and having your ID ready
- Avoid eating or drinking anything after midnight on the day of your procedure
- Ask a friend or relative to take you to and from the surgical facility as well as help care for you during the first 24 hours of your recovery
What Are Your Concerns?
What Can I Expect for My Thigh Lift Recovery?
Patients who undergo thigh lift surgery can expect moderate pain, bruising, and swelling following their procedure. However, these side effects subside considerably within the first few weeks of recovery.
Staying well-hydrated and consuming a healthy, balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables can promote healing. Usually, patients schedule one or two weeks off of work, but those with physically strenuous occupations may need to take more time.
Dr. Agullo will provide you a recovery timeline that reflects your personalized procedure and outlines your specific physical limitations.
Will My Thigh Lift Be Painful?
Thigh lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Therefore, you will not experience any pain during the surgery itself. It is common to experience some pain, tenderness, bruising, and swelling in the days following surgery, which can be controlled with prescribed or over-the-counter pain medication.
Significant or lasting pain is not expected with a thigh lift and may be a sign of a more serious complication. Contact Dr. Agullo immediately if you experience prolonged pain.
Will My Thigh Lift Leave Scars?
Because thigh lift surgery involves incisions, there will be scars. These scars will vary depending on the thigh lift technique used and will fade with time. You can help reduce the visibility of these scars by following Dr. Agullo’s post-operative instructions, not exercising too soon, keeping the healing incisions out of the sun, and applying scar-fading treatments and creams when approved to do so.
When Will I See My Thigh Lift Results?
Most patients can see noticeable improvement right after surgery, but swelling can obscure the results for several weeks. As the side effects dissipate, your newly formed contours will be revealed.
Before & After
See more of Dr. Agullo's transformations.View Photo Gallery
What Are Some Frequently Asked Questions About Thigh Lift Surgery?
Most surgeries come with risks, but the chance of experiencing complications can be reduced by choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon who works with a board-certified anesthesiologist. Some potential risks include:
- Changes in sensation
- Bleeding or hematoma
- Asymmetrical results
- Abnormal reaction to anesthesia
- Prolonged swelling
You can reduce your chance of experiencing these complications by following all of Dr. Agullo’s pre- and post-surgical advice.
Results after a thigh lift are intended to be long lasting as long as you lead a healthy, active lifestyle. Additional weight gain and/or pregnancies may negatively impact the quality of your results.
Thigh lift surgery is often performed in conjunction with other contouring techniques to produce comprehensive improvement. Some of the procedures that can be combined with thighplasty include:
- Lower body lift: This procedure is designed to tighten the buttocks, thighs, and lower half of the body. It smooths out these areas that have excess fat and skin.
- Tummy tuck surgery: Patients with sagging skin and fat deposits in the abdominal area can achieve a smoother midsection with this contouring procedure.
- Liposuction: This procedure removes unwanted fat for precise contouring results using a thin cannula and suction technology.
Interested in a Thigh Lift With Dr. Agullo?
If you want to learn more about Dr. Agullo’s thigh lift techniques, contact his office by calling (915) 590-7900. Dr. Agullo offers thigh lift surgery for patients in El Paso, Texas, and the greater El Paso area.