Many women struggle with excess thigh tissue because they tend to accumulate more fat in their legs and lower bodies than men do. Patients with larger thighs may also be unhappy with more noticeable areas of cellulite and uncomfortable chafing. Thigh lift surgery, also known as thighplasty, involves removing excess fat and skin from around the thighs, smoothing and slimming the upper legs. This procedure can tighten the skin in the front and back of the thighs as well as above the knees to reveal a more desirable silhouette. Dr. Agullo can create a personalized thigh lift procedure that addresses your unique concerns and delivers beautiful results.
- Struggle to eliminate stubborn fat deposits in your upper legs?
- Feel unhappy with sagging or excess thigh tissue?
- Experience painful chafing between your legs?
- Desire firmer and more slender legs?
- Want to reshape your legs after achieving massive weight loss?
Thigh Lift Procedure
Thighplasty is performed using general anesthesia for optimal patient comfort and safety. One or multiple techniques may be performed to help you reach your cosmetic goals. Depending on the desired extent of correction, surgery can last two to three hours. Patients are required to stay in the recovery room for at least one hour for observation.
Thigh Lift Techniques
Preparing for Your Surgery
It is important for all patients to prepare for their surgery ahead of time to ensure a smooth and comfortable recovery. Dr. Agullo will give you detailed preparation and aftercare instructions, which typically include the following recommendations:
- Ask a friend or relative to take you to and from the surgical facility as well as help care for you during the first 24 hours of your recovery
- Obtain all of your prescription medications before the day of your surgery
- Gather the necessary paperwork and having your ID ready
- Cease all tobacco use at least two weeks before and after your scheduled surgery
- Avoid eating or drinking anything after midnight on the day of your procedure
Thigh Lift FAQs
Patients who undergo thigh lift surgery can expect moderate pain, bruising, and swelling following their procedure. However, these side effects subside considerably within the first few weeks of recovery. Staying well-hydrated and consuming a healthy, balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables can promote healing. Usually, patients schedule one or two weeks off of work, but those with physically strenuous occupations may need to take more time. Dr. Agullo will provide you a recovery timeline that reflects your personalized procedure and outlines your specific physical limitations.
Most surgeries come with risks, but the chance of experiencing complications can be reduced by choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon who works with a board-certified anesthesiologist. Some potential risks include:
- Changes in sensation
- Bleeding or hematoma
- Asymmetrical results
- Abnormal reaction to anesthesia
- Prolonged swelling
Most patients can see noticeable improvement right after surgery, but swelling can obscure the results for several weeks. As the side effects dissipate, your newly formed contours will be revealed. Results are intended to be long lasting as long as you lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
Thigh lift surgery is often performed in conjunction with other contouring techniques to produce comprehensive improvement. Some of the procedures that can be combined with thighplasty include:
- Lower body lift: This procedure is designed to tighten the buttocks, thighs, and lower half of the body. It smooths out these areas that have excess fat and skin.
- Tummy tuck surgery: Patients with sagging skin and fat deposits in the abdominal area can achieve a smoother midsection with this contouring procedure.
- Liposuction: This procedure removes unwanted fat for precise contouring results using a thin cannula and suction technology.
Every thigh lift procedure varies in cost depending on several factors such as the patient’s cosmetic goals, anatomy, and overall health. Our fee page lists the current prices of basic surgical fees, but cost differs from patient to patient. During the initial consultation, Dr. Agullo will create a customized surgical plan to address your objectives and provide a cost estimate that reflects the details of your procedure. There is a consultation fee of $100 that will be applied toward the cost of your surgery. All fees must be paid in full before your scheduled operation.