What Are the Benefits of Lip Augmentation?
Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure to help women accomplish the following goals:
- Increase lip volume in naturally thin lips for more attractive, fuller, and sexier lips
- Restore lost volume due to age for a more youthful appearance
- Improve lip symmetry
- Eliminate fine lines around the lips
When naturally thin lips or age-related volume loss cause you to be self-conscious, lip enhancement can also boost your confidence.
Am I a Candidate for Lip Augmentation?
If you wish your lips were sexier and had more volume or want to remove the fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth, lip augmentation may be right for you.
However, if you have a long lip, meaning that there is more space between the bottom of your nose and the top of your upper lip, consider a lip shortening procedure before lip augmentation to achieve the best results.
When you have a long lip, adding volume can exaggerate this distance and create a less satisfying outcome.
Are you a candidate for lip augmentation in El Paso, Texas? Call Dr. Agullo at (915) 590-7900 to schedule your consultation.
What Is Discussed During My Lip Augmentation Consultation?
Your consultation is a vital part of ensuring that you achieve the specific results you desire, and Dr. Agullo offers several consultation options to meet his patients’ diverse needs.
Regardless of which consultation option you choose, you can expect to discuss the following:
- Your lip augmentation goals and any other cosmetic concerns you may have
- Your medical history and any medications you’re currently taking
- Your lip augmentation options and their unique benefits
After evaluating your lips’ volume, shape, position, and symmetry, Dr. Agullo will recommend the best method to meet your needs and provide an accurate cost quote.
How Should I Prepare for Lip Augmentation?
Before your lip augmentation, you should be aware of the following:
- Do not smoke or use nicotine for at least two weeks before treatment.
- Avoid aspirin, NSAIDs, vitamin E, fish oil, and other supplements that may increase bleeding at least two weeks before your procedure.
- Discontinue consuming alcohol three days before your procedure.
- Talk to Dr. Agullo and your primary care physician about any prescription blood-thinning medication you are taking.
- Arrange for a ride home after surgery.
Schedule your lip augmentation at least one week after any dental treatment or planned vaccination.
If you notice any facial inflammation, sores, or significant acne near your mouth as your scheduled treatment date approaches, let us know so we can reschedule your procedure.
What Are Your Concerns?
What Can I Expect for My Lip Augmentation Recovery?
Lip augmentation with dermal fillers requires little to no downtime and less swelling and bruising than other methods.
Common side effects linked to hyaluronic acid fillers are temporary and may include:
- Swelling or bruising
- Bleeding from the needle injection points
- Tenderness and soreness at the injection sites
While rare, these complications have been reported:
- Allergic reaction with itching or swelling
- Stiffening of the lip
- Asymmetrical lips
- Lip irregularities
Recovery from fat transfer is shorter and less intense than other surgical procedures. These tips may help:
- If you feel discomfort after the anesthesia wears off, gently ice your lips to ease swelling and tenderness without applying pressure.
- Rest comfortably and avoid any exercising until cleared by Dr. Agullo.
- Avoid using any lip products, including lipstick.
- Because you also underwent liposuction, allow extra time for healing and follow Dr. Agullo’s liposuction recovery advice.
Is Lip Augmentation Painful?
Lip augmentation involves numbing creams or anesthesia, so you should feel no pain during your lip augmentation procedure.
However, when you return home, be sure to have TYLENOL® on hand for pain. Continue to avoid medications like aspirin and ibuprofen.
Will My Lip Augmentation Leave Scars?
- Injectables – Enhancing your lips with lip filler rarely leaves scars, and when it does, it’s usually due to a rare complication.
- Fat transfer – Fat transfer should not leave scars on or around the lips. However, a tiny incision is made during liposuction and may leave a barely visible scar.
When Will I See My Lip Augmentation Results?
It can take up to four weeks for all the swelling to subside after lip fillers.
Swelling from fat transfer may decrease faster than with other techniques, but results will fluctuate until the body finishes absorbing a small portion of the injected fat.
How Much Does Lip Augmentation Cost in El Paso, TX?
Our fee schedule reflects the minimum cost of each procedure, including anesthesia, facility fees, medical tests, garments when necessary, and other recovery products.
The cost of your customized lip augmentation procedure will depend on the technique used and other factors:
The price for lip augmentation with HA injectables depends on how many filler tubes and needles are used and includes the cost of your office visit. More than one treatment may be required to achieve ideal results.
Surgical pricing varies according to the treatment plan. After your consultation, you will receive an accurate and inclusive quote.
Dr. Agullo charges a consultation fee of $150 to $500, which is applied to your treatment cost.
* Results may varyView Gallery
Lip Augmentation FAQ
Numbing cream, a local anesthetic, intravenous (IV) sedation, and occasionally, general anesthesia may be used, depending on the method of lip augmentation desired.
Lip augmentation can take as little as 30 minutes or as long as two hours (for fat transfer).
Hyaluronic acid fillers are temporary, lasting from six to 18 months, depending on the brand. Fat transfer is long lasting or permanent.
Interested in Lip Augmentation in El Paso, TX?
If you want to learn more about your lip augmentation options in El Paso, contact Dr. Agullo’s office by calling (915) 590-7900.
Dr. Agullo offers lip augmentation for patients in El Paso, Texas, and the greater El Paso area.