What Are the Benefits of a Breast Augmentation Revision?
Breast augmentation revision significantly improves the size, shape, and health of the breast implants or removes the implants entirely. This procedure is ideal for women hoping to:
- Correct post-operative complications caused by breast implants
- Alleviate discomfort from the size, shape, or proportions of previous breast augmentation
- Attain larger or smaller breast implants
- Restore the position of sagging breasts by combining a breast lift
Am I a Candidate for a Breast Augmentation Revision?
Women interested in breast augmentation revision:
- Are in good overall health
- Do not have any previous medical conditions that may impact healing
- Do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations for their results
- Struggle with complications after an initial breast procedure
- Desire breast implants of a different size or type
- Have asymmetrical or otherwise unsatisfactory results after breast augmentation surgery
- Have implant displacement towards the sides, “My implants go to the sides or axillas when I lay down”
Are you a candidate for breast augmentation revision? Call Dr. Agullo at (915) 590-7900 to set up a consultation.
What Is Discussed During My Breast Augmentation Revision Consultation?
Dr. Agullo will evaluate your current breast implants’ size, shape, and health to determine any complications that require correction. Patients will be given detailed preparatory and post-operative guidelines specific to their surgical treatment.
During your consultation, Dr. Agullo will:
- Discuss your expectations for your breast augmentation revision
- Identify the uncomfortable or disproportionate areas of the current breast implants
- Identify the areas that could benefit from liposuction or body contouring
- Document and identify sagging in the breasts due to weight loss or pregnancy that followed your previous breast surgery
- Identify the location implants have been displaced (either to the sides or inferiorly)
- Discuss why you are self-conscious about your current breast augmentation
- Take photos and measurements
- Develop a surgical plan
What Does My Breast Augmentation Revision Include?
This procedure is performed using general anesthesia for optimal patient comfort and safety. Various techniques can be utilized to deliver personalized results that reflect your unique cosmetic objectives. After surgery, patients must wait in the recovery room for observation.
- Saline breast implants: These are the best option if you have asymmetrical breasts because the implants are filled with sterile saltwater and adjusted to the optimal size during surgery. Another benefit of saline is that the filler can be absorbed naturally by your body should rupture occur. They are cost-effective, require smaller incisions than other types of implants, and produce a noticeably round and firm bosom.
- Silicone implants: These implants produce breasts that look and feel natural. The filler is more lightweight than saline, giving women a comfortable and pleasing result. They also have less risk of rippling, rupturing, or leaking.
- Gummy bear implants: Also silicone implants, but with a more cohesive gel. They tend to retain their shape and projection better. They are also the least likely to cause rippling.
Implant Removal and Breast Lift
The techniques used for your procedure will depend on your aesthetic and anatomical needs. Should a patient want to remove their implants altogether, they may consider a combination of the following techniques:
- En bloc implant removal (AKA en bloc capsulectomy)
- Breast lift surgery
- Breast fat transfer
In many cases (especially after multiple capsular contractures, considerable weight loss, or thinning and sagging of breast tissues), reinforcement of the breasts is necessary. Dr. Agullo supports compromised tissue using:
- A tissue scaffold mesh
- A new pocket for the implant
What Are Your Concerns?
What Can I Expect for My Breast Augmentation Revision Recovery?
Dr. Agullo will prescribe the right medication for you to help alleviate postoperative discomfort. You may feel tired, so it is best to take it easy and get some rest. It is recommended to get up and walk around periodically to promote circulation and prevent blood clots.
Your breasts will feel uncomfortable for a few weeks after surgery, but wearing a supportive bra will help with the healing process. Do not wear an underwire or padded bra for at least a couple of months. Avoid any heavy lifting until cleared by Dr. Agullo. If you notice any change in heart rate, dizziness, shortness of breath, blacking out, or chest pain, call your doctor.
Is My Breast Augmentation Revision Painful?
Breast augmentation revision is performed under general anesthesia to ensure no pain during or immediately following the procedure. Any residual discomfort stemming from the bruising and swelling can be lessened with prescribed or over-the-counter pain medication.
Will My Breast Augmentation Revision Leave Scars?
Breast augmentation revision always leaves some scarring, although this surgery will most likely take advantage of incisions created during your initial breast augmentation. This way, you will not develop any additional scarring.
When Will I See My Breast Augmentation Revision Results?
You will likely notice an immediate improvement to the appearance of your breasts, but residual swelling and bruising can obscure the outcome. Once all healing resolves, you can enjoy beautiful and youthful breasts that enhance your figure.
What Does Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery Cost?
Because breast augmentation revision is customized for each patient, the cost varies from one case to another. Our current fee schedule includes basic prices for our procedures but does not reflect all factors that contribute to the total cost of a unique surgery. An estimate for your procedure will be calculated during your consultation. All payments must be paid before your scheduled procedure.
Get In Touch With Dr. Agullo
Before & After
* Results may varyView More
What Are Some Frequently Asked Questions About Breast Augmentation Revision?
Breast augmentation revision results are considered long lasting but not permanent. Additional pregnancy or significant weight gain after the procedure can cause fat to accumulate in the breasts, making them lose their original shape. Breast implants are designed to last 15 to 20 years (although some may last longer or shorter) and may need to be replaced again at the end of their life cycle. If a patient continues to have issues with capsular contracture after a breast augmentation revision, it is suggested that breast implants be removed. Adopting a healthy, active lifestyle following surgery to preserve the effects of breast augmentation revision is always recommended.
Breast augmentation revision is often combined with breast lift surgery to tighten loose or sagging breast tissues that have been affected by previous breast implants. Liposuction treatments of the surrounding areas may also be beneficial. BodyTite™ can also support breast augmentation revision results.
Most insurance companies do not cover cosmetic procedures; however, if you seek breast augmentation revision surgery for health reasons, some or all of the cost may be covered. Contact your insurance company to learn more about their breast augmentation revision surgery policy.
Interested in Breast Augmentation Revision?
If you want to learn more about Dr. Agullo’s breast augmentation revision, contact his office by calling (915) 590-7900. Dr. Agullo offers breast augmentation revision for patients in El Paso, Texas, and the greater El Paso area.
Breast augmentation revision is a common procedure for Dr. Agullo. Catch full transformations live on Snapchat or Instagram @RealDrWorldWide on any given day! #StayBeautiful