What Are the Benefits of Body Fat Transfer?
To provide you with your ideal appearance, the body fat transfer surgery:
- Removes stubborn excess fat
- Restores volume in your breasts, face, buttocks, hips, and other areas
- Enhances body shape and curvature using high-definition liposuction
- Injects fat into the biceps, calves, pectoral muscles, and more for increased muscle definition
Am I a Candidate for a Body Fat Transfer?
Ideal candidates for fat transfer have enough fat in the donor area to provide the desired increase in the treatment area. Those who experience the best results are in good health, are at or near their ideal weight, and have realistic expectations of the procedure.
Are you a candidate for a body fat transfer procedure? Call Dr. Agullo at (915) 590-7900 to schedule a consultation.
What Is Discussed During My Body Fat Transfer Consultation?
During your consultation, Dr. Agullo will:
- Discuss your goals for the procedure
- Determine if you have enough body fat for the transfer
- Identify which areas the body fat will be taken from
- Take photos and measurements
- Provide you with information on how to prepare for your body fat transfer procedure
What Is Achieved With Fat Transfer?
A body fat transfer works to provide men and women with a more contoured, youthful appearance.
- Fat that is distributed in the right areas can lead to youthful, full contours that result in a significant boost in confidence
- Patients report that their new curves look better both in and out of clothing
- Can provide muscle definition for those that desire it
What Treatment Areas Can Help Me Achieve Fuller Features?
- Augments and enhances the shape of the buttocks
- Also known as the Brazilian Butt Lift
- Can accentuate an hourglass figure and improve the contours of the body
- For more details, visit Buttock Augmentation
- Improves breast shape and volume
- Creates larger, more youthful breasts
- Can aid in breast reconstruction
- For more details, visit Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer
- Bulks and defines muscles:
- Contours other areas:
- Often combined with high definition liposuction and muscle etching
- For more details, visit Liposuction
Removal of Stubborn Fat
- Fat that seems impossible to remove with diet and exercise can be eliminated with liposuction
- Areas like the lower abdominal “pooch,” “love handles,” or any other unwanted bulges serve as excellent donor sites
Restoration of Youth
- Sunken cheeks and fine lines on the face can make anyone look tired and aged
- Fat transfer restores a youthful appearance by filling out these areas
What Areas Can Help Me Achieve a Youthful Appearance?
- Fills facial hollows and wrinkles to provide a smoother appearance and an overall youthful look
- Can treat signs of aging in the following areas:
- Between the brows
- Around the eyes
- Tear troughs
- Nasolabial folds
- For more details, visit Facial Fat Injections
At Agullo Plastic Surgery, tailored care begins with a full consultation to discuss the goals and options available.
How Should I Prepare for My Body Fat Transfer?
Properly preparing for your body fat transfer is imperative to a safe procedure and recovery. To prepare for your body fat transfer, you should:
- Avoid smoking for six weeks before your surgery
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medications as they thin the blood, increasing your risk of complications
- Not eat or drink after midnight the day of your procedure
What Are Your Concerns?
How Does Fat Transfer Work?
Fat is liposuctioned from a fatty area of the body, such as the abdomen or thighs. Only tiny incisions are needed to remove the unwanted fat. Before the fat is injected into the targeted area, Dr. Agullo processes it for purification. Once injected, the fat will develop a new blood supply and thrive as living tissue. Some of the injected fat will be absorbed by the body, but the cells that survive are permanent and will grow and shrink in size with weight fluctuations.
What Can I Expect for My Body Fat Transfer Recovery?
Recovery time with fat transfer is typically much shorter than it would be with traditional augmentation surgeries. Most patients plan for two weeks of recovery. Many patients feel back to normal sooner than two weeks, depending on how extensive the procedure was and whether general or local anesthesia was used. Rest is essential during recovery, but moving is also important to avoid blood clots or complications.
Is My Body Fat Transfer Painful?
Your body fat transfer will be performed using general anesthesia to ensure you do not feel any pain during surgery. Any pain and discomfort during your recovery can be managed with over-the-counter or prescription medication.
When Will I See My Fat Transfer Results?
Your body fat transfer results will be visible immediately after surgery. However, you may need to wait until bruising and swelling subside before being able to enjoy your full results.
Before & After
View the Photo Gallery and see all of the transformations.Go To Gallery
What Are Some Frequently Asked Questions About Body Fat Transfer?
Fat transfer is highly effective when it is done correctly. While it is true that some of the transferred fat will be absorbed by the body, this can be avoided by initially injecting more fat than is needed into the area. Dr. Agullo’s technique of using protein-rich plasma (PRP) from the patient’s own blood aids in rejuvenation, collagen formation, and fat survival.
Dr. Agullo often prefers to use an advanced technique for fat grafting that involves the placement of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to enhance results. Blood is drawn from the patient and is centrifuged to obtain growth factors. These are injected into the face to promote collagen production, which leads to a youthful, plump look. Dr. Agullo prefers to mix PRP with fat to increase the fat survival and take, which yields greater results in the long-term survival of the fat cells that have been repositioned.
The length of your fat transfer procedure will depend on the extent of correction needed and which areas of your body are being treated. During your consultation with Dr. Agullo, he will be able to give you an estimated procedure time.
Since your body fat transfer will be performed under general anesthesia, you will need to bring a close friend or family member with you to the appointment to drive you home.
The results of your fat transfer are intended to be permanent. However, natural aging and weight fluctuations can affect your results. It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep your fat transfer results looking new longer.
As with any surgical procedure, there are some risks associated with fat transfer, but they are rare and/or temporary. These potential complications are less likely to develop with fat transfer than they are with traditional augmentation procedures. These include disappearing fat tissue, lumpiness, potential scarring, infection, rippled or textured areas, asymmetry, fat atrophy, and cysts or nodules. Dr. Agullo performs the fat grafting procedure with very small injections, which localizes any deformities or asymmetry, lowers risks, and improves fat survival.
Interested in Learning More About Body Fat Transfer?
If you want to learn more about Dr. Agullo’s body fat transfer procedure, please contact his office at (915) 590-7900. Dr. Agullo offers body fat transfer for patients in El Paso, Texas, and the greater El Paso area.
See Dr. Agullo’s transformations live on Snapchat or on Instagram @RealDrWorldWide! #StayBeautiful