For most people, diet and exercise can only do so much to tighten the body. After accomplishing considerable weight loss, many are left with dishearteningly saggy skin and a shapeless figure. The fastest and often sole solution to removing excess skin and fat is body contouring. Body contouring addresses multiple problem areas at once, ultimately freeing patients from the uncomfortable reminder of their former shape. Dr. Frank Agullo combines various surgeries for optimal body contouring, giving his patients the bodies they deserve.
- Desire a smooth and sculpted silhouette?
- Feel unsatisfied with your shape, even after reaching your goal weight?
- Want to eliminate stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to diet and exercise?
- Want to remove excess, sagging skin from various areas?
Tighter, Smoother Body!
After massive weight loss or multiple pregnancies, excess skin and uneven fat distribution can give the body a distorted, unnatural shape. Dr. Agullo offers his patients a more attractive silhouette by trimming and tightening unwieldy, baggy skin.
Body contouring is entirely customizable, so patients can enjoy fine-tuned results based on what they seek to improve. During your consultation, Dr. Agullo will develop a body contouring plan tailored to your individual needs and goals.
Eliminate Stubborn Fat!
Body contouring is designed to enhance the proportions of the entire body. Patients can remove unwanted fat that is resistant to diet and exercise via liposuction, which adds allover definition and complements the hard work that goes into weight loss.
Excess skin is removed from the upper arms, and the remaining skin is tightened. An arm lift improves the contour of the arms, making them appear more toned and polished.
A tummy tuck involves removing excess skin and fatty tissue in the belly area. Abdominal muscles are also tightened along with the remaining skin to create a firmer, flatter midsection.
This procedure corrects imperfections, such as loose skin and stubborn fat, in the thigh area. During a thigh lift, excess skin and fatty tissue in the medial, posterior, and anterior thighs are removed.
- Breast lift surgery raises and transforms sagging breasts by tightening the skin around the existing glandular tissue and reducing the size of the areolas. This provides a fuller and more balanced breast profile that complements the body.
- Breast augmentation is ideal for women who desire a more voluptuous bustline. It can also restore volume to breasts that have deflated due to pregnancy or weight loss.
- Breast reduction alleviates a variety of hardships associated with having overly large, cumbersome breasts. This procedure involves removing heavy, excess tissue and reshaping the breasts to a more manageable form.
This procedure is best suited for small, isolated fat deposits in areas with good skin elasticity. Liposuction sculpts the figure to its proper proportions, producing a slender and pleasing result. It can also be performed as a part of other body contouring procedures, including lower body, thigh, and arm lift surgeries.
Lower Body Lift
This procedure tightens loose skin of the thighs, buttocks, and abdomen using a circumferential incision at the waistline. A lower body lift reduces the appearance of lumps and bumps caused by drooping skin and accentuates the contours of the buttocks.
Preparing for Your Surgery
- Line up a family member or friend to drive you home after your procedure.
- Fill your prescriptions in advance, as you will not be in a position to get them after surgery.
- Ensure you have your paperwork and your ID.
- Do not shave right before surgery, as this may increase the chance of infection.
- Don’t eat or drink after midnight the day of your scheduled procedure.
- Stop smoking for at least six weeks before your surgery to lower your risk of blood clots and other complications.
- Don’t take medication that will thin your blood for two weeks before your procedure.
Body Contouring FAQs
Recovery from body contouring can take about four to six weeks. Patients who undergo two or three procedures may need to stay at our outpatient facility overnight, depending on the amount of tissue that is removed. Patients who undergo four or more procedures need to remain at the facility for up to three days.
To minimize risk and complications, Dr. Agullo performs all of his patients’ body contouring procedures in one day. Patients can expect to be under general anesthesia for anywhere between four and six hours. Having all of the desired procedures done in one session, rather than multiple sessions, reduces recovery time as well as overall cost, and patients can see the final results of their body contouring surgery sooner.
Results from body contouring are long lasting as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Drastic weight fluctuations after surgery can compromise the outcome of your surgery, so it is essential to stay active and fit to preserve your new look.
Pricing varies depending on the extent of the treatment or surgery. You can see a list of the approximate prices of each procedure on our current fee schedule. Dr. Agullo charges a consultation fee of $100, which is applied to the cost of your treatment. Generally speaking, cosmetic plastic surgery is considered “elective” and is not covered by most insurance plans. The prices listed on our fee schedule represent the minimum cost of the procedures, including anesthesia and surgical facility fees, medical tests, garments, and recovery products. The cost of prescription medications, however, is not included. The exact price of each procedure can only be determined after a thorough consultation. All fees must be paid in full prior to the scheduled treatment.
Complications after body contouring are uncommon and can be prevented by carefully following Dr. Agullo’s pre-op and post-op instructions. The most common risks associated with any surgery include:
- Improper healing
- Blood clots
- Abnormal reaction to anesthesia
- Loss of sensation