Buttock Implant and BBL Revision
A curvaceous and prominent rear is one of today’s most desirable features, and buttock augmentation with implants and fat transfer can produce beautiful and long-lasting enhancement. However, some patients may be unhappy with the outcome of their BBL or buttock augmentation due to not having their expectations met or experiencing postoperative complications, infection, or change in aesthetic preference. Buttock implant and fat transfer revision is a procedure that can help improve the results of a previous buttock augmentation surgery and restore your confidence.
- Desire larger or more prominent buttocks even after your augmentation surgery?
- Notice that your results are asymmetrical or lumpy following buttock augmentation?
- Feel that your buttock implants are too noticeable?
- Experience discomfort or pain in your buttocks when performing everyday activities?
- Have a double bubble deformity or the ability to move or flip your implants?
- Want to change your implants from above to between the muscle?
Buttock Implant and BBL Revision Options
Buttock implants come in various sizes and profiles to produce the ideal aesthetic and shape. Patients who underwent a previous buttock augmentation procedure with implants may be unhappy with the size or projection of their bottom. During buttock implant revision, Dr. Agullo can replace the implants to achieve a more desirable result.
Patients who develop skin laxity, typically as a result of aging or weight fluctuations, may experience sagging in the buttocks area. A buttock lift can restore the butt to a smoother and more youthful appearance by removing excess tissue. Liposuction can also be performed during this procedure to eliminate unwanted pockets of fat.
If the initial Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is not performed carefully, some regions of the buttocks may retain more fat and produce asymmetrical or lumpy results. A follow-up fat transfer surgery can help smooth the surface and augment areas that may have recessed. Fat transfer can also be used to conceal the edges of buttock implants for an inconspicuous enhancement.
You might still have cellulite after your BBL or buttock implants. By using Cellfina®, Dr. Agullo can divide the fibers pulling on your skin that create buttock dimpling. This procedure offers permanent correction of the dimpling from cellulite.
Non-surgical Buttock Augmentation
If there are small areas of volume deficiency, Dr. Agullo can use a combination of Sculptra® Aesthetic and PRP for non-surgical butt enhancement to provide more volume and symmetry. This can be done under local anesthesia with very little, if any, downtime.
Preparing for Your Treatment
- Ask a friend or relative to transport you to and from the surgical facility, as you will not be able to drive following your procedure.
- Fill out all of your prescriptions before the day of your procedure.
- Have all of the necessary paperwork ready to take with you to your appointment.
- Cease the use of all tobacco products and blood thinning medication for at least two weeks before surgery.
- Avoid eating and drinking after midnight on the day of your scheduled procedure.
Buttock Implant and BBL Revision FAQs
Patients who undergo buttock implant or fat transfer revision may experience discomfort, bruising, and swelling following their procedure. These side effects are expected to dissipate considerably within a couple of weeks. It is recommended to drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and vegetables during recovery to help the healing process. Typically, patients schedule two weeks off of work, but those with physically intensive occupations will require more downtime. Dr. Agullo will provide you with detailed aftercare directions and a recovery timeline during your initial consultation.
Following all aftercare instructions can help minimize the chance of experiencing complications, but all surgical procedures come with certain risks. Potential complications associated with buttock implant and fat transfer revision surgery may include:
- Prolonged swelling
- Bleeding or hematoma
- Unsatisfactory results
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
This procedure is usually performed using general anesthesia so that the patient enjoys a painless and safe surgical experience.
Dr. Agullo likes to use solid silicone implants by AART, but he has also used implants by Spectrum Designs Medical and Silimed. The AART implants are soft and have a consistency similar to that of muscle. Dr. Agullo prefers round implants, as most of his patients prefer a rounder buttock. Oval implants are available, but they can make the buttocks look long. Implant size can go up to 712 cc's, and custom implants can be made up to 800 cc's