Southwestern TX Liposuction for men has never been easier to achieve! Now men who have stubborn areas of fat in their abdomen, chest and other areas can achieve amazing results from having liposuction. Although liposuction can be experienced by both men and women to target specific problem areas, the men who typically come to Dr. Agullo for liposuction are those who have tried to lose that “spare tire” or tone up their abs through traditional methods of exercise unsuccessfully.
Dr. Agullo is experienced in many different types of male liposuction procedures and can help you get rid of those love handles once and for all!
Is male liposuction right for me?
If you are considered a pretty healthy guy and in reasonably good shape, yet have stubborn fat that just won’t go away due to genetics or aging, liposuction can be a great solution. This is also called “suction-assisted lipectomy” and falls under the category of body contouring as a cosmetic surgical procedure.
The process of liposuction is very common and has evolved as one of the most popular forms of technology in today’s health industry, making it safer and easier than ever to achieve dynamic – and often dramatic – results as an affordable cosmetic shaping solution. Some men have a genetic predisposition to store more fat in their abdominal region, just above and around the midsection of a man’s body.
Liposuction is very effective in contouring, smoothing out cellulite and shaping the body for noticeable results. You can get rid of unwanted belly fat in this straightforward outpatient surgery and will soon be on your way to the beach or donning tighter fitting shirts and pants in as little as a few weeks after receiving the liposuction for men procedure. Liposuction is considered very safe and most men will be pleased with the results.
Liposuction techniques for male enhancement
The new technologies offered in recent years have made liposuction more available to men and women. These remarkably innovative tools have resulted in greater precision, quicker recovery and with the least amount of discomfort to patients. Dr. Frank Agullo applies modern liposuction techniques to enhance, eliminate fat, smooth, and contour areas of the male body. He holds a double board certification in both plastic surgery and general surgery, serving patients throughout El Paso, Juarez, Chihuahua, and Las Cruces with advanced liposuction expertise.
Dr. Agullo uses 3 main liposuction techniques, including:
- Tumescent Liposuction: This is the most common liposuction procedure. Each doctor has their own style or technique, but tumescent liposuction basically zeroes in on targeted fat stores. An anesthetic liquid injection is applied to the targeted areas, which causes swelling and enables the liposuction tool to travel easily just under the skin while suctioning the fatty deposits. Without getting too technical, the use of cross-tunneling and mesh-undermining can be done to blend the areas and achieve a contoured appearance. Patients may experience less bruising, blood loss, swelling or tenderness with tumescent liposuction.
- Laser Assisted Liposuction: “SmartLipo” came to be publically available in 2007 and was the first FDA-approved laser technique. It is typically used in conjunction with tumescent lipo as another step to the process, except a laser fiber replaces the need for a traditional cannula (the suction piece) to be used. The laser melts the fat away and liquefies it, whereupon the cannula will be used to remove it. An advantage of SmartLipo is that it can contract the skin to target areas of the abdomen, neck, arms and beyond.
- Ultrasonic Liposuction: One of the most revolutionary liposuction techniques to hit plastic surgery facilities is the “Vaser”. It uses ultrasonic liposuction (aka – “ultrasonic assisted liposuction” or UAL) to disrupt the cellulite with sound waves. Fibrous fat stores such as gynecomastia, belly fat, upper back fat, neck, arms, love handles or even facial fat can be done successfully using UAL liposuction. You can get rid of a double chin or belly flab with this awesome Vaser ultrasonic liposuction procedure.
Liposuction techniques vary between every patient. Some men have a lot of problem areas, whereas others just have one specific point they need help with. You will not know which liposuction technique will be used until you have a chance to meet with Dr. Agullo for a consultation.
What will my El Paso liposuction surgery entail?
Nearly all liposuction recipients can expect to be under local anesthesia or general anesthesia. Liposuction is often treated as an outpatient visit, unless the surgery is extensive and may require an overnight stay at the hospital if this is the case.
In general, liposuction is thought to be one of the least complicated plastic surgery procedures and has surpassed all others as the most popular form of plastic surgery. You can expect minimal scarring (or for some you can barely see anything) and few complications associated with male liposuction.
If you are a smoker, you should quit smoking any tobacco products at least two weeks prior to liposuction and for two weeks after the surgery. Smoking makes healing take longer and may result in scars, surgical revisions, strokes, or blood clots in worst-case scenarios.
Get ready for your liposuction surgery by following these guidelines:
- Never eat or drink after 12:00 a.m. on the night prior to surgery, as this can lead to nausea from the anesthesia and can even be dangerous.
- Don’t shave the areas of your body that will require liposuction at least a day before the surgery, as this will open up pores and make them susceptible to infection.
- Have a relative or close friend drive you to and from your outpatient surgery.
- Stock up on medical necessities such as gauze and bandages, Neosporin, peroxide and ice packs.
- Don’t forget to ask for some time off from work. Your doctor will tell you how much time is needed, based upon your personal situation.
You will probably not remember any of the surgical procedure while you are sedated. It could be a simple procedure that takes only a few hours to perform, or it could be longer depending on how much fat you need to have removed. It is likely that you will have some swollen areas, soreness or even pain after liposuction, but this is normal and not usually something to worry about unless it feels serious.
Keep moving, walking and doing some activities to keep the blood flow going smoothly. Your individual liposuction success will depend on your own body shape, build, size, skin elasticity and other determinants.
After liposuction, you will start to feel better in a couple of weeks. You may feel more lightweight and smoother in the targeted areas. Depending on whether your liposuction is combined with other procedures, your healing time may be fast and relatively uneventful.
Are there any risks with liposuction surgery?
Most of the risks associated with liposuction are in patients who receive the general anesthesia or who try to do too much liposuction within a short amount of time. It can be dangerous to do multiple liposuction procedures in one sitting, so if you need more than one session then this is something to discuss with the plastic surgeon.
Everyone’s body has its own limitations as to the amount of trauma that can be processed with cosmetic surgery. Liposuction can be divided into smaller, targeted sessions over the course of a few weeks, rather than all at once. Rare risks of liposuction may include:
- Blood clot in lung – also known as pulmonary thromboembolism
- Edema (swelling) of treated areas
- Nerve damage when leaking of serum takes place
- Complications from anesthesia, which is more likely with general anesthesia than IV sedation (local)
Liposuction is thought to be lower risk than many other types of surgery, although it is important to consider these things prior to any type of surgical procedure and to weigh the benefits. Most people consider liposuction to be safe enough, especially since the introduction of many innovative lipectomy tools to make it even better.
El Paso liposuction costs
The cost for liposuction for men in Southwest TX depends on the type of liposuction procedure and the weight, size and shape of the individual. Although male liposuction is not recommended for weight loss, this happens to be one its main benefits. Pricing varies depending on the extent of the treatment or surgery. You can see a list of the approximate prices of each procedure on our current fee schedule. Dr. Agullo charges a consultation fee of $100, which is applied to the cost of your treatment. Generally speaking, cosmetic plastic surgery is considered “elective” and is not covered by most insurance plans. The prices listed on our fee schedule represent the minimum cost of the procedures, including anesthesia and surgical facility fees, medical tests, garments, and recovery products. The cost of prescription medications, however, is not included. The exact price of each procedure can only be determined after a thorough consultation. All fees must be paid in full prior to the scheduled treatment.
Millions of men and women seek liposuction, either combined with other plastic surgery procedures or as a standalone cosmetic enhancement to target specific parts of their body. Doctors enjoy the versatility of liposuction as an effective measure in treating isolated areas and even to correct common health problems.
Dr. Frank Agullo is a Clinical Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery at the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine; Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and an Affiliate Professor at the University of Texas at El Paso.