The vagina endures significant changes as women age and experience childbearing. The inner and outer labia can become distorted or stretched over time, leading to both cosmetic and functional issues. The muscles inside the vagina are often compromised by childbirth, which can cause incontinence and have a negative effect on sexual satisfaction. Vaginal rejuvenation is increasing in popularity as women become more comfortable addressing their concerns with their genitals. Luckily, there are several vaginal rejuvenation treatment options available to revitalize the genitals and restore your confidence.
- Want relief from genital pain?
- Feel self-conscious about how your genitals look?
- Wish to enhance your sexual fulfillment?
- Desire a more youthful, attractive vagina and vulva?
During a personal consultation,
Dr. Agullo will assess your condition and your expectations of treatment to determine which vaginal rejuvenation treatment is best suited for your personal attributes and needs.
- Involves trimming down the excess tissue of the labia minora
- Corrects asymmetry of the labia minora
- Relieves pain and irritation caused by elongated labia
- Repairs the external and internal vaginal muscles
- Can be combined with other vaginal rejuvenation procedures for optimal results
- Treats sexual dysfunction and urinary incontinence in women
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from the patient’s own blood is injected into the clitoral, G-spot, labia majora, and/or urethral area(s) depending on the issue being treated
- PRP stimulates the production of new cells at the injection site, increasing sensitivity
- Restores volume and youthfulness to labia majora and mons pubis
- Fat is harvested from the patient and injected into deflated areas to plump and smooth the injection site
Clitoral Hood Reduction
- Removes a portion of the clitoral hood to reveal the clitoris, creating a more pleasing genital appearance
- Commonly sought to enhance sexual stimulation of the clitoris
- Commonly performed in conjunction with labiaplasty
Preparing for Your Surgery
Vaginal Rejuvenation FAQs
Pricing varies depending on the extent of the treatment or surgery. You can see a list of the approximate prices of each procedure on our current fee schedule. Dr. Agullo charges a consultation fee of $100, which is applied to the cost of your treatment. Generally speaking, cosmetic plastic surgery is considered “elective” and is not covered by most insurance plans. The prices listed on our fee schedule represent the minimum cost of the procedures, including anesthesia and surgical facility fees, medical tests, garments, and recovery products. The cost of prescription medications, however, is not included. The exact price of each procedure can only be determined after a thorough consultation. All fees must be paid in full prior to the scheduled treatment.
Fortunately, vaginal rejuvenation is considered to be a minor surgery that is relatively safe and simple to undergo. The most common risks associated with labiaplasty include:
- Change in sensation
Most patients undergo vaginal rejuvenation under local anesthesia or “twilight” IV conscious sedation. Local anesthesia temporarily blocks sensation in a particular area, and twilight sedation renders the patient sedated but conscious. Vaginal tightening is performed under general anesthesia.
The length of recovery will depend on which procedure or procedures are performed and the extent of correction to the area. You will feel discomfort for up to a week. Most vaginal rejuvenation treatments require abstaining from sexual intercourse and tampon use for at least four to six weeks. Dr. Agullo will give you more detailed postoperative instructions during your personal consultation.