What Are the Benefits of Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Relief from genital pain
- Self-confidence and a positive outlook on how your genitals look
- Enhanced sexual fulfillment
- Restoration of a more youthful, attractive vagina and vulva
Am I a Good Candidate for Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Good candidates for vaginal rejuvenation are women who wish to resolve aesthetic, functional, and uncomfortable vaginal issues. Women who seek vaginal rejuvenation should have a positive outlook on treatment and realistic expectations for their results.
Some candidates may seek vaginal rejuvenation to tighten and restore the vaginal area after childbirth or menopause; others desire relief from vaginal dryness or urinary incontinence. Whatever the reason, patients looking for a quick and painless procedure to address their vaginal concerns will benefit from vaginal rejuvenation.
Ideal candidates for vaginal rejuvenation may experience:
- Disproportionally large or abnormally shaped labia
- Vaginal laxity
- Vaginal itching or discomfort
- Painful intercourse
- Decreased libido
- Reduced sexual responsiveness
- Discomfort during athletic activities
What Is Discussed During My Vaginal Rejuvenation Consultation?
What Are My Options for Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Thanks to advancements in cosmetic science, women who experience changes in their vaginal appearance have many options beyond beauty, such as the ability to revitalize vaginal muscles, restore new cells, and enhance sexual stimulation. Dr. Agullo’s masterful skillset, combined with modern technology, can improve life’s most intimate aspects.
- Involves trimming down the excess tissue of the labia minora
- Corrects asymmetry of the labia minora
- Relieves pain and irritation caused by elongated labia
Surgical Vaginal Tightening
- Repairs the external and internal vaginal muscles
- Improves the sensation of tightness during intercourse
- Can be combined with other vaginal rejuvenation procedures for optimal results
Votiva (Non-Surgical Vaginal Tightening)
- Tightens the internal vagina circumferentially using radiofrequency energy
- Improves lubrication of the mucosa
- Improves urinary incontinence
- No downtime. Can resume sexual activity in 24 to 72 hours.
- Treats sexual dysfunction and urinary incontinence
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from the patient’s blood is injected into the clitoris, G-spot, labia majora, and/or urethral area(s), depending on the issue being treated
- PRP stimulates the production of new cells at the injection site, increasing sensitivity
- Restores volume and youthfulness to labia majora and mons pubis
- Fat is harvested from the patient and injected into deflated areas to plump and smooth the injection site
Clitoral Hood Reduction
- Removes a portion of the clitoral hood to reveal more of the clitoris, creating a more pleasing genital appearance
- Commonly sought to enhance sexual stimulation of the clitoris
- Commonly performed in conjunction with labiaplasty
Labia Majora Reduction
- Removes excess skin in the labia majora, creating a more aesthetic appearance, especially in patients after massive weight loss
- Reduction and pexy of enlarged and protruding clitoris
- Creates a more subtle and feminine appearance
- Reduces the amount of skin and fatty tissue in the mons
- Tightens and lifts the mons
- Usually combined with liposuction
At Agullo Plastic Surgery, tailored care begins with a full consultation to discuss the goals and options available.
What Are Your Concerns for Vaginal Rejuvenation?
What Can I Expect from the Recovery for Vaginal Rejuvenation?
The length of recovery will depend on which procedure(s) are performed and the extent of correction to the area. You will feel discomfort for up to a week. Most vaginal rejuvenation treatments require abstaining from sexual intercourse and tampon use for at least four to six weeks. Dr. Agullo will give you more detailed postoperative instructions during your personal consultation.
Is Vaginal Rejuvenation Painful?
Thanks to local or general anesthesia, you will not experience pain during your vaginal rejuvenation procedure.
It is normal for patients who receive a labiaplasty or clitoral hood reduction to experience minimal bruising, swelling, itching, or discomfort during the first few days after surgery. After the first week of recovery, many of these side effects will begin to subside. Most patients can usually alleviate any significant pain with over-the-counter pain medication.
Contact your doctor if you experience prolonged side effects, such as:
- Soreness and inflammation near treatment areas
- Severe pain
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heart rate
- Changes in vaginal sensation or numbness
Will Vaginal Rejuvenation Leave Scars?
Generally, vaginal rejuvenation does not leave visible scarring. The extent of scar development after vaginal rejuvenation depends on the technique(s) you received during your treatment. Some treatments, like the O-Shot®, leave no visible scarring, while a labiaplasty produces a scar that blends well into the labia minora tissue. This area has many wrinkles and folds, concealing any scarring naturally.
When Will I See My Vaginal Rejuvenation Results?
Vaginal rejuvenation results will vary based on the treatment assigned and the rate at which a patient recovers. Treatment plans that require skin removal or repositioning (labiaplasty) will require more recovery time before the full extent of the results are visible. The final results of a labiaplasty or clitoral hood reduction can be seen in one to two months.
What Does Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost?
The cost of vaginal rejuvenation in El Paso depends on which procedures are performed and the extent of correction required for successful results. You can see a list of the approximate prices of each procedure on our current fee schedule.
Generally speaking, cosmetic plastic surgery is considered “elective” and is not covered by most insurance plans. The prices listed on our fee schedule represent the minimum cost of the procedures, including anesthesia and surgical facility fees, medical tests, garments, and recovery products. The cost of prescription medications, however, is not included. The exact price of each procedure can only be determined after a thorough consultation. All fees must be paid in full prior to the scheduled treatment.
Before & After
View the Labiaplasty PhotogalleryGo To Gallery
What Are Some Frequently Asked Questions About Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Individual vaginal rejuvenation procedures, such as labiaplasty or O-shot®, take approximately one hour to complete. Patients should expect longer procedure times if more than one vaginal rejuvenation technique is combined.
Fortunately, vaginal rejuvenation is considered to be a minor surgery that is relatively safe and simple to undergo. The most common risks associated with labiaplasty include:
- Change in sensation
Most patients undergo vaginal rejuvenation under local anesthesia or “twilight” IV conscious sedation. Local anesthesia temporarily blocks sensation in a particular area, and twilight sedation renders the patient sedated but conscious. Vaginal tightening is performed under general anesthesia.
Dr. Agullo offers genital bleaching services related to female genital aesthetics through the MedSpa at Southwest Plastic Surgery. While there are at-home methods to lighten the skin, bleaching should always be performed by an experienced cosmetic professional to avoid complications and discomfort. We offer intimate bleaching that can be performed on the genital area, perineal, inguinal, axilla, elbows, and knees.
The O-Shot® may help treat several medical conditions, including:
- Urinary incontinence
- Lichen sclerosus
- Lichen planus
- Chronic pain from childbirth
- Interstitial cystitis
The O-Shot® may increase the ability to have a vaginal orgasm through many indirect benefits. For example, the O-Shot® can improve sexual intimacy by increasing libido, vaginal lubrication, and clitoral sensitivity. Some women may incorporate a clitoral hood reduction with their treatment plan, eliminating excess skin above the clitoris and increasing clitoral sensitivity. Vaginal tightening restores the tightness of the vaginal entrance and enhances intercourse for the patient and their partner.
Interested in Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Dr. Agullo offers vaginal rejuvenation in El Paso, Texas, and the greater El Paso area, along with several advanced cosmetic procedures designed to reverse the effects of childbirth. For example, a Mommy Makeover or liposuction treatment may return your body to its youthful and sensual shape. Learn more about vaginal rejuvenation and other advanced cosmetic techniques by calling Dr. Agullo’s office at (915) 590-7900 or filling out his online contact form.
Dr. Agullo’s broadcasts live from Snapchat or Instagram. Feel free to tune in @RealDrWorldWide.