What Are the Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery?
Dr. Frank Agullo uses a combination of procedures to produce astounding body transformations and weight loss results. Weight loss surgery is ideal for men and women who wish to enhance their physique and improve overall health.
This procedure is ideal for women and men who:
- Have a difficult time losing weight after pregnancy
- Feel disheartened by the inability to lose weight with a dedicated diet and exercise routine
- Suffer from health issues related to being overweight
- Struggle with obesity but do not qualify for bariatric surgery
- Have a BMI under 35
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
Plastic surgery for moderate weight loss is appropriate for men and women who have excess fat that they cannot get rid of with healthy lifestyles but who are not overly obese. Weight loss plastic surgery is not an alternative to a healthy lifestyle, and patients must be willing to maintain their results afterward.
- Are in good overall health
- Are at a stable weight
- Do not have any previous medical conditions that can impact their healing
- Do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations of your results
Are you a candidate for weight loss surgery or plastic surgery after weight loss? Call Dr. Agullo at (915) 590-7900 to set up a consultation.
What Is Discussed During My Weight Loss Surgery Consultation?
- Determine if you are a candidate for weight loss surgery
- Identify which techniques will give you the best results
- Discuss your wishes and expectations for your results
- Take measurements and photos
- Explain how to prepare for your weight loss surgery
What Does My Weight Loss Plastic Surgery Include?
Your plastic surgery for moderate weight loss will be tailored to your specific needs and desires. This may include one or more of the following techniques.
Lower Body Lift
- Addresses the buttocks, upper legs, hips, lateral thighs, and back
- Involves removing excess skin and tightening the remaining tissue
- Involves incisions that can typically be concealed with clothing
- Is often combined with buttock augmentation to improve the contour of the gluteal area
Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Targets excess folds of skin and unwanted fat in the abdominal area
- Tightens weak rectus muscles for a stronger core
- Produces a smoother, firmer abdominal surface and an improved silhouette
- Involves incisions that are placed low near the pubic area so that they can be covered with undergarments
- Pinpoints stubborn fat that has accumulated throughout the midsection and lower body
- Permanently removes fat from the body utilizing a powerful suction device called a cannula
- Involves tiny and often imperceivable incisions
- Results in a fitter-looking figure and improved body contours
How Is Plastic Surgery for Moderate Weight Loss Performed?
Weight loss surgery is performed using general anesthesia to ensure patient comfort and safety throughout the procedure.
Dr. Agullo will remove excess skin and fat from the midsection using excision and liposuction techniques tailored to each patient’s unique needs and desires. The surgery takes approximately three to six hours, depending on the extent of correction needed.
All patients will have to spend some time in the recovery room after surgery, and most patients will require at least one overnight stay for close observation.
How Should I Prepare for My Weight Loss Plastic Surgery?
Adequate preparation is vital for a comfortable and speedy recovery. You will receive the necessary preparation and aftercare information for your specific procedure during your initial consultation. Some of the most important things to do before your surgery include:
- Stop smoking for at least six weeks, as this can increase your risk of complications like blood clots
- Avoid medication and herbal supplements that thin your blood for at least two weeks before your procedure
- Line up a family member or friend to drive you home after your procedure
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the day of your weight loss surgery
- Ensure that you have and bring your paperwork and identification
What Are Your Concerns?
What Is My Weight Loss Plastic Surgery Recovery Like?
Patients can expect some discomfort, bruising, and swelling during the initial stages of plastic surgery for moderate weight loss recovery. Taking a couple of weeks off work after weight loss surgery is recommended to help the healing process go as smoothly and safely as possible.
During the first few weeks of recovery, patients are advised to get plenty of rest and to take short walks to promote optimal blood circulation.
Is My Weight Loss Surgery Painful?
Weight loss surgery with Dr. Agullo is performed under general anesthesia to ensure a safe and painless plastic surgery process. It is common to develop some pain, discomfort, bruising, and swelling in the treatment areas during the days and weeks following your operation.
This discomfort will lessen with time and can be lessened with prescribed or over-the-counter pain medication.
Will My Weight Loss Surgery Leave Scars?
Weight loss surgery requires incisions which will result in scars. The length and visibility of these scars will depend on the techniques being performed and the extent of the correction. Dr. Agullo does his best to place these incisions in easy-to-conceal areas, and most scars can be hidden with undergarments.
When Will I See My Weight Loss Results?
Many patients notice an immediate improvement following their procedure, but residual swelling and bruising can obscure the final results for several weeks. You should feel lighter and more mobile after surgery due to the lack of cumbersome folds of skin and extra weight.
BEFORE & AFTER
See more before and afters.Go To Gallery
What Are Some Frequently Asked Questions About Plastic Surgery for Moderate Weight Loss?
As with any surgical procedure, there are risks associated with weight loss surgery. These risks include:
- Negative reactions to the anesthesia
- Blood clots
You can reduce your chance of experiencing these complications by following all of Dr. Agullo’s pre- and post-surgical advice.
The results of this procedure are considered permanent as long as you lead a healthy, active lifestyle and avoid subsequent pregnancies.
Weight loss surgery commonly involves liposuction and tummy tuck surgery or a lower lift. Additional body contouring procedures can be performed to enhance results. Some patients also choose to combine their weight loss surgery with breast surgeries like breast reduction or a breast lift.
Non-surgical body contouring procedures, such as BodyTite®, are also available.
Interested in Moderate Weight Loss Surgery?
If you want to learn more about Dr. Agullo’s weight loss plastic surgery, contact his office by calling (915) 590-7900. Dr. Agullo offers plastic surgery for moderate weight loss for patients in El Paso, Texas, and the greater El Paso area.
You are sure to catch our full transformations live on Snapchat or Instagram @RealDrWorldWide on any given day! #StayBeautiful