What Can Rhinoplasty Do?
Rhinoplasty can address do the following to achieve a nose that has better symmetry, balance, and beauty:
- Overall nose size
- The width of the nasal bridge
- Bumps or depressions on the bridge of the nose
- The size and shape of the nostrils
- The size and projection of the tip of the nose
- Reduce alar flaring
Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery that can be used for men and women alike. Patients interested in rhinoplasty generally:
- Are in good overall health
- Do not have any previous medical conditions that can impair their healing
- Do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations of their results
Are you a candidate for a rhinoplasty? Call Dr. Agullo at (915) 590-7900 to set up a consultation.
What Is Discussed During My Nose Surgery Consultation?
Your consultation with Dr. Agullo is an essential part of the surgical process so that he can personalize the procedure according to your specific needs and goals.
During your meeting, Dr. Agullo will:
- Discuss your wishes and expectations for your results
- Evaluate your nasal tissues
- Inspect the inside of the nose and assess your breathing
- Take measurements and photos
- Give detailed instruction on how to prepare for your nose surgery
- Involves an incision along the base of the columella to open the nose and perform adjustments
- Clear viewing and access to all the nasal structures allows for extensive correction and adjustments
- Involves small incisions inside the nostrils to perform adjustments without opening the nose
- Facilitates minor corrections and prevents the possibility of noticeable scarring
VECTRA® 3D Imaging for Rhinoplasty
Dr. Frank Agullo uses the revolutionary VECTRA® 3D Imaging System to provide patients with a before and after simulation of what the nose will look like when it has fully healed after rhinoplasty. This gives the patient a chance to address any concerns to help get the desired results.
How Should I Prepare for My Rhinoplasty Procedure?
Proper planning and preparation can help you have a quicker and more comfortable recovery process. Some things you should do to prepare for your nose surgery include:
- Stop smoking for at least six weeks before your surgery
- Don’t take medication that will thin your blood for two weeks before your procedure
- Fill your prescriptions in advance so you don’t have to get them after surgery
- Ensure you have your paperwork and your ID
- Don’t eat or drink after midnight the day of your scheduled procedure
- Arrange for a family member or friend to drive you home after your procedure
At Agullo Plastic Surgery, tailored care begins with a full consultation to discuss the goals and options available.
Is Nose Surgery Painful?
During your procedure, anesthesia will be used to either put you to sleep or numb the target areas to ensure your comfort. Following the procedure, you may experience some bruising and soreness, but this can usually be handled using over-the-counter pain medication.
What Should I Expect During Rhinoplasty Recovery?
After rhinoplasty, your nose will be taped to reduce swelling and to press out any trapped fluid. Taping is performed within the first week after surgery. Swelling, bruising, and tenderness are common and will subside over time.
By the end of the first week, the taping will be removed and you will see your initial results. You will likely feel ready to go back to public places. After two to 12 weeks, swelling will gradually subside and the nose will begin to take on its new appearance. Avoid sun exposure for a few months after rhinoplasty to prevent discoloration while the nasal skin is more sensitive.
Those who had a bump removed from their nasal bridge may temporarily experience additional swelling along the nasal bridge and tip. Some patients also experience a stiff upper lip and feel tightness when making facial expressions. All of these effects are temporary and will resolve as swelling subsides. The amount of time for healing varies from patient to patient.
When Will I See My Rhinoplasty Results?
Your rhinoplasty results will be visible immediately; however, the results will continue to develop in the weeks and months following the procedure. Your most developed results will be visible a few weeks after the procedure. For some patients, it may take up to a year to see the final results.
Will I Have Scars After My Nose Surgery?
Scarring will vary depending on the rhinoplasty technique used and the severity of corrections needed. Dr. Agullo takes good care to carefully place incisions so that they are very discreet and heal well. Unless you have a condition that may make you prone to scarring, the scars from your rhinoplasty should heal with time and can be managed with scar fading creams.
Before & After
* Results may varyView Gallery
Frequently Asked Questions About Rhinoplasty
- Pros: More extensive adjustments are possible, and more precise changes can be made.
- Cons: May leave a small scar at the base of the nose, the procedure is longer, and healing may be slower.
- Pros: Leaves no noticeable scarring, the procedure is typically shorter, and healing may be faster.
- Cons: Fewer changes are possible, and it may be more difficult or impossible to perform complicated adjustments.
Patients will be under either general anesthesia or IV conscious sedation for the procedure. IV conscious sedation may lead to faster recovery time, but most patients will need to be under general anesthesia.
Rhinoplasty is not about achieving an unrealistic ideal; it is about achieving facial beauty, balance, and symmetry. Every face is different, and the ideal nose for one face may not be achievable or look attractive on another face. It is important to have realistic expectations about what is possible and to trust the surgeon about what will enhance your appearance.
Dr. Agullo will use VECTRA® 3D Imaging to help you visualize how rhinoplasty will make your nose look more attractive and balanced with your other facial features.
You can combine rhinoplasty with other facial procedures. Common procedures performed with nose surgery include chin augmentation, PRP injections, buccal fat pad removal treatment, and fat transfer to improve the proportions and balance of the face. Other common facial procedures include neck liposuction, FaceTite™ treatment, and facelift surgery.
Dr. Agullo will advise you on whether combining your rhinoplasty with other procedures is a good idea for you. He can also use the VECTRA® 3D Imaging System to demonstrate to you how combination procedures may enhance your appearance.
Dr. Agullo is one of the few surgeons who is experienced and comfortable performing face, breast, and body procedures simultaneously. The most common combination is rhinoplasty and breast augmentation surgery with or without a breast lift. The second most common combination is a rhinoplasty with buttock augmentation, which can be achieved with the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) or buttock implants.
Rhinoplasty risks are most often associated with smokers, drinkers, and individuals with undisclosed medical conditions. To reduce your risk of complications, it is important to be entirely open about your medical history with Dr. Agullo. Additional risks include amplified swelling, bruising, infections, and adverse reactions to the anesthesia.
While most patients are happy with the changes made to their nose, the nose sometimes heals in an unexpected way that is out of the surgeon’s control. If you’re unhappy with the results of your rhinoplasty or experience an injury after your initial surgery, a revision rhinoplasty procedure can be performed.
Are You Interested in Rhinoplasty in El Paso?
If you want to learn more about rhinoplasty with Dr. Agullo, please feel free to contact his office by calling (915) 590-7900. Dr. Agullo offers cosmetic procedures for patients in El Paso, Texas, and the greater El Paso area.
Follow Dr. Agullo on Snapchat or Instagram @RealDrWorldWide to stay up-to-date with what’s going on at his practice and see the transformations of his beautiful patients! #StayBeautiful